Locations give the context and more often than not the intent and immediacy of your target audience.
Location data gives you:
- The ability to send the right message to the right person at the right time.
- Better precision than audience segmentation: locations paint a much better picture of an audience than do interests or demographics.
- Context: the set of circumstances that surround a person in a particular moment. Grasping those circumstances and tailoring a message specific to those circumstances is invaluable. i.e. person at concert or sports match; you can confidently send a contextually relevant message & experience much higher audience interactions.
- Intent: an understanding of the mindset of your intended audience. Where your intended audience is located indicates much about their intentions. I.e. a person at a mall or car dealership; you can confidently infer what they intend to do and send a specific targeted message regarding their intentions.
- Immediacy: an immediate need of your target audience. Some locations provide a sense of immediacy of the intended audience. i.e. being at an airport or bus station demonstrates the immediate need to go somewhere.
- Moment Targeting: Life occurs in moments where decisions are made. You now have the ability to be there and target those moments.
- MicroMoments: Context + Intent + Immediacy = MicroMoments
Read more about it here.